Monday, September 22, 2014

Raise a Paw of Love to help animals




What can we do as writers and poets to help animals in need? We can write, sell the book and donate the money – after publishing fees – to animal shelters, sanctuaries and animal hospices to help their dedicated work. The Read for Animals project started when I was organizing and rewriting the short stories I have written the past few years. The idea came to me that with a few of my friends we could put together an anthology to help animals, and I asked my animal lover friends if they’d like to participate. They responded, and the stories and poems started flooding in. We published the first book of the Read for Animals series, and the first $100 donation was made to Columbia Greene animal shelter of NY, thanks to animal lovers who purchased the book. This book is the second in the Read for Animals series. Some stories will make you laugh out loud; others will warm your heart and make you cry. Some stories are true, and the fantasy stories will make you think… what if? Each author and poet brings their unique writing style, to make the book enjoyable. Thank you for helping our furry, scaly and feathered friends in need, by purchasing this books.
-Erika M Szabo


Read for Animals #1

The contributing authors, poets and artists:

Erika M Szabo, Lorinda J. Taylor, Cindy J. Smith, Jeanne E. Rogers, Zrinka Jelic, Patrick O’Scheen, Kristine Raymond, Shebat Legion, Sandra Novelly, Shannon Sonneveldt, Julie Davis Dundas, Linda Whitehead Humbert, Debbie D. (Doglady), Klarissa Kocsis



Read for Animals #2

The contributing authors and poets:

Erika M Szabo, Evelyn Steward, Jennifer Priester, Lorinda J. Taylor, Olyn Warfield, Paula Shene, Jeanne E. Rogers, Aya Walksfar, Pamela Griffiths, Linda Whitehead Humbert, Alice Marks, John A. Miller, Brian T Shirley, Tracey Dixon, Sandra Novelly, Susan M Plake, Barbara Corry, Michael Spisak, Susan Austin.




Hello, my name is Oreo
I'm the mascot of the Read for Animals project and I need your help.
I'd like to visit as many blogs, websites, Facebook and other social site pages as I can to talk about the Read for Animals project
and raise some paws to help my friends in shelters.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for having Oreo on your blog and helping him raise some paws :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. I love Oreo, he's a great guest blogger.

      Delete