Friday, December 19, 2014

A Sexy Sleigh Ride ~ @MySexySaturday



This week’s theme is A Sexy Sleigh Ride and it’s our hats off to the holidays. Don’t you just love those amazing holiday sleigh rides? It is one of the most romantic things about the holiday season. Sleigh rides are awesome…heck…any kind of ride can be awesome when you have the right someone with you. It can start with a brisk cold night. Maybe the car or the spaceship won’t start. Somehow, your characters have found themselves in this very outdated mode of transportation and are having the times of their lives. It can end in a place where only lovers go. And you want to know the details.

Unfortunately, I don't have a sexy sleigh ride scene, or sleigh ride for that matter. What I do have is a car ride. Is it sexy? You decide. 

Here's another excerpt from "Deck the Halls" my holiday novella available for only $0.99 until the end of the month so grab your copy while this special offer lasts. 






They rode in silence, but by Julie’s tense expression and white knuckle grip on the steering wheel, her mind must be a jumbled mess filled with questions.
He placed his hand on her thigh and her shoulders lowered, her back relaxed into the seat. Maybe a bit of humor would set her mind at ease and smooth out the awkward tension. She had always laughed as his quirky jokes. “You can ask me anything you want. I promise I won’t bite… much… unless you like it, then by all means tell me.”
Her melodious laugh broke her silence and loosened the knot in his gut. “All right. Are you a wolf or a human?”
He rolled a low chuckle. How did he know this would be the first question to leave her lips? “I’m a shifter who, like many in my pack, prefers to exist as a human. But I must regenerate and I shift to my wolf form at least once a month.”
She kept her eyes on the road. “Once a month?”
“Yeah, my regeneration will fall in sync with your cycle.”
“My cycle?” Her high pitched voice pierced his ears, she glanced at him.
“Your monthly cycle.” If he had to spell it out for her, he’d blush worse than a teenage girl.
“Oh, that.” Her face turned a bright pink in the dim lights of the car’s console. At least she understood what he meant. 
He faced the window to give her a moment to process the new information. He had to hand it to her.  She was taking it all quite well. Not that he expected her to lose her marbles or anything. More like hit him with slew of questions. Perhaps that would come when she worked through her confusion. 

Pick up a copy for your


Continue to blog hop and discover other Sexy Saturdays by visiting all of the blogs. 

1 comment: