Saturday, August 15, 2015

My Sexy Boyfriend ~ @MySexySaturday #MySexySaturday #MSSAuthors #Saturday7 #MSS105

Welcome to the 105th week of My Sexy Saturday.

This week’s theme: My Sexy Boyfriend

No need to explain it. You all know what a boyfriend is and isn’t. 


Here's your sexy excerpt from Rose of Crimson:


A gentle squeeze on Kate’s forearm jerked her from the vision. The clink of a metal baseball bat hitting the ball catapulted her back into present. The young firefighter who had greeted them ran backward with his gloved hand outstretched.
She blinked a few times until she got her bearings back. “Why did you end the vision here?”
“Because I’m hungry and I thought to spare you boring wedding details.” Miles brushed his knuckles on her arm. “Am I wrong to skip that part? I mean, maybe you’d like to see Dobrila’s dress fittings, arguments with the cooks, carts delivering food, entertainers trying to line up the next act…”
His grimace and flailing hands tickled her insides. She let out a loud chuckle. Darn it, she should’ve guessed he’d read her thoughts. “As if you need to ask. Besides, I’m sure your servants bustled around running the chores.”
“Wasn’t sure your thoughts weren’t clear on that, but now that you confirmed, I guess I’ll skip over it. And yes, servants did all the grunt work. Still, I wanted everything to be perfect for our day.” He stretched out his long legs and got on his feet. “Let’s eat. There’s a nice restaurant offering Mediterranean cuisine, the owners are Croatians. Are you in mood for some calamari or black mussels or even grilled squid?”
The mention of delicacies from her native cooking caused her mouth to water. She sucked the moisture gathering over her tongue and swallowed. “I’d love all of it.”
He pulled her to standing. “Then what are we waiting for? Before I forget, you must be looking forward to your convocation?”
She frowned and shrugged. “I neither look forward to it nor do I care.”
“Why is that?” Astonishment crept to his tone.
“Because I’m not going.”
“Why not?”
She shrugged and lowered her head. “All students will have family and friends attending. And I have no one. I can use the time better looking for apartment and a job. I have to move out. The building is for students.”
Rose of Crimson 205
“And what am I, if not a friend?” His penetrating gaze cut her to the core, but it was the sincerity in his questions that convinced her to grant his wish. Though she’d love it if he was more than a friend. Someday…
“Okay. If you want to attend my graduating ceremony, I’ll invite you.” Before he could utter another word, she pointed at him. “It comes with a condition, though.”
He quirked an eyebrow. “What kind of condition?”
Would he agree to her request? There was no way she could wait another week or a day. “You show me the rest of the story tonight. There couldn’t be much of it left.”
“You’re right, there isn’t. Can’t wait, can you?”
“Tonight, after dinner,” she demanded.
With his hands propped on his narrow hips, he chewed on his lower lip, his stare fixed at the ground. “Fine, you win.” He leveled his eyes with hers. “However, I want to try another thing. I asked you not to hold hands to see if we can establish the link without a touch, and it worked. Now, I want to test the distance the link spans. I’ll contact you sometime tonight.”
She raised her eyebrows. Establish a connection without physical touch and how far it spans? What was he up to? “If this experiment of yours doesn’t work, then you’re calling me on the phone.”
“Persistent, I see.” He jutted his chin. “Fine, as long as I get to see you pick up your diploma next week during the ceremony.”
“Why do you want to see me in the black gown and a funny, square cap with tassels?”
Tilting his head, he took hold of her elbow. “So I can treat my favorite graduate to lunch.”

BLURB

KATE ROKOV‘s grades are plummeting. She needs to get the voice out of her head or she will flunk her finals.
MATTHIAS ZRIN, a three centuries old immortal, born into an aristocratic family as Miles Rušinić, is enthralled with Kate. It is his voice preventing Kate from sleeping and her ignorance is testing his limits. He wants her to write down his story to settle his wife’s earthbound spirit. His tragic love story has become Kate’s obsession since fifth grade during her summer trip to Rušinić castle.
Their coming together settles the old spirit and breaks an ancient curse, and in doing so, a flame spanning over three centuries reignites and burns with wild desire. In this tale of two life times and desire versus emotional need, both know some dreams will have to wait for the right time, but the magic between them is impossible to withstand.

You can pick up a copy for your
Kindle
Kobo
Nook
iPad

So there you have it. Stay sexy and visit all of the below participating blogs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment